Before I even get started here…I just have to say that so far this is my favorite of all the dips I’ve made. In fact, even though I made it last week, I’m still thinking about this dip. AND I WANT TO MAKE IT AGAIN. I’ll tell you more in a minute. Anyway. Hot Crab Dip.
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small baking dish, mix the crabmeat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and garlic.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
I thought the garlic pieces were too big, so I minced them instead of crushing it. Then I added chives because it just looked so white. And then I decided that it needed something on the top so I sprinkled on some Old Bay Seasoning. It’s kind of hard to mix. You’re more or less squishing it together with the back of a spoon.
And then into the oven. It really does take about 50 minutes.
I will shout it from the rooftops! I LOVE THIS DIP! It’s hot, creamy, sinful, with the sweetness of crab, the salty bite of parmesan. Oh, my. And it makes a ton! Kealoha and I couldn’t stop eating it. And we couldn’t even talk while eating it. It heated up great too, and then we shared some with friends. I’d love to make this dip again, and try stuffing it into the cap of a portobello mushroom.
I’m soooo making this at my next party…which is actually tomorrow, so maybe not at my next party. I’m trying to do only new recipes for a while but I so want to eat this again.
It’s a solid 5 out of 5 pretzels. With another half pretzel just because.
Great with any kind of cracker (wheat, sesame, club)
Fried wonton wrappers