Today marks my return to the Dips, Balls, and Logs Blog! Woohoo! Coming soon…posts on Chili Cheese Dip, BBQ Pork Steamed Buns, and Mushroom Dip. Today, it’s Baked Fontina With Garlic And Herbs, which won my spontaneous poll on my website as the dip you most wanted to see.
This dip is super easy, delicious, cheesy, and great if you have PMS or your drunk. That’s because it’s not really a dip at all. NO. It’s melted cheese. Let me say that again: MELTED CHEESE.
It’s also delightful. It smells fragrant and green and if you make it, you may want to lock yourself in a room with some candles, a loaf of bread, this dip, and…well…I’ll leave the rest of that list up to you. Enjoy.
- 1½ lbs Italian fontina, rind removed and cubed
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- Adjust top rack of the oven so that it sits about five inches under the broiler. Preheat broiler.
- Spread cheese into cast iron pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix herbs and garlic and sprinkle over cheese and olive oil.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes, or until melted, bubbly and slightly golden.
Please Pin, share, tweet, make it, eat it with others, and let me know what you think.