Hello, again!! I’m back. Yes, I took the summer off because it was too hot to post blogs about melted cheese. And that takes a lot for me to admit. Anyway. There are changes coming to the blog. Not all change is BAD. Some change is…I think…good. So stay tuned for that. Until then, I’m bringing back the dips with this delicious, decadent bar treat: The Jalapeño Popper BUT IN DIP FORM. Holy mother. Really? Really. It’s ridiculously good. In fact, it gets 4 pretzels out of 5. Maybe even 5. 4 if you don’t like jalapeño poppers to begin with; 5 if you do.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
From My Baking Addiction
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise 1
(4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
4 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained (use less if your heat-wimpy)
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an oven safe serving dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
3. Stir in green chilies, jalapeno peppers, and Mexican and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Mix together the Panko and parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture.
5. Spray the Panko and parmesan with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.
I want to make this again. Like right now. You could totally have a bar-night dip party and make this and the Buffalo Wings Dip, the Cheeseburger Dip, etc. We served it with crackers but it’d be great on bruschetta or, hell, slather it on a burger.
Coming soon: The Dip Blog changes into the Dips, Balls, and Logs Blog. First up: delicious balls for entertaining. Awwww yeah.