This is one of my kids’ favorite desserts. It’s an easy no-bake recipe, though you will get a little peanut-buttery if you don’t use gloves. I have a stack of disposable gloves for cooking because I don’t like to get peanut-buttery or meaty or whatever.
And finally…Kealoha installed a recipe widget so you can now PRINT the recipes right from here.
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Candy coating
- Mini paper cups
- In mixer, cream together peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Stir in Rice Krispies.
- Form into small balls and place on plastic wrap lined cookie sheet.
- Chill balls until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate coating in microwave for thirty seconds and stir until smooth.
- Roll balls in chocolate, place in mini paper cups.
- Chill for ten or fifteen minutes.
- Keep peanut butter balls chilled. You can also freeze them.
And if those directions aren’t easy enough, here are the step-by-step pictures. I made this with my six-year-old daughter, so the little hands you’ll see are hers.
We give this recipe 5 PRETZELS out of 5. It’s cheap, you don’t have to cook, you can have your kids help, you can freeze them, and they look pretty and festive in little paper cups. The only thing that would make them better would be if they were infused with vodka, and I wouldn’t recommend having your kids help with THAT.
Like the new direction of this blog? Let me know. And tell a friend.